Dear Faith Family-
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED DECORATE THE CHURCH BUILDING FOR CHRISTMAS! we had a great time, and everything looks wonderful! Thank you all SO much!
I hope your week has been a good one so far. Just pass on some of what was discussed at last night’s Elders’ Meeting…
1. We need a name for our new church! As the Elders have discussed the suggestion from so many of you that “a new location calls for a new name”, they have come to share that conviction. We’ve tossed around the most obvious choices (“The Church at Goose Creek”, “Goose Creek Church”, etc. - and a host of variations), but nothing yet has seemed “just right”. We’d like to ask that you give some thought and prayer to the matter, and share your thoughts with us. Please email any thoughts or ideas to email@example.com.
2. Possibility of bad weather Sunday. Although the weather models seem to be changing daily, the possibility does seem to exist that we MAY get some bad weather Sunday. In the event that something extreme should occur, we will send out an email and post a notice on the church website (www.fbcsterling.org). Hopefully we’ll meet as usual, but make note of the communications plan just in case.
3. Guest speaker this Sunday. Chris Monk, one of our Elders, will be bringing the message this Sunday morning. Remember him in prayer as he completes his preparation, and plan to be present Sunday to hear what God has placed on his heart to share.
4. Tax deductible gifts. Every year we get questions about tax deductible gifts. According to our accountant, for a gift to be included on a giving statement for 2013, it must be received by the church no later than December 31, 2013.
5. No Youth Group this Sunday. I will be unavailable this Sunday evening, so Youth Group is cancelled this week. (Thanks to our youth for all their help with Christmas decorating last Sunday!).
In His love,